WinTV-dualHD Live TV for your Plex Media Server, on Windows and Linux
Live TV for Windows and Plex based systems (Windows and Linux). Live TV for the NVidia Shield with Plex and Android
Includes FREE 90 days of 90 days of Plex Pass for live TV on the Plex Media Server
Get the latest version of Plex Media Server, which supports the WinTV-dualHD for TV recording on Windows and Linux.
Dual tuners: watch one channel while recording another or record two programs at the same time
The WinTV-dualHD turns your PC into a high definition DVR
Plug the WinTV-dualHD into your PC and turn it into a HDTV digital video recorder (DVR). Record two HD TV programs at the same time in the original HD quality.
ATSC is free HD TV
ATSC is free over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception. There is no monthly fee for ATSC HD TV.
Clear QAM is digital cable TV
Clear QAM allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from cable TV without a set-top box. Clear QAM does require a cable TV subscription. Clear QAM TV is not available on all cable networks, so check with your local cable TV operator for clear QAM availability.
Note: the WinTV-dualHD is for digital TV only and does not support analog TV
If you need analog TV, any one of the WinTV-HVR products (such as the WinTV-HVR-955Q) include analog TV. The HVR stands for 'hybrid video recorder' and all WinTV-HVR's have both analog and digital TV reception.
Also includes the Hauppauge WinTV v10 application for Windows, for free over-the-air ATSC HD TV and clear QAM digital cable TV
Plug the WinTV-dualHD into a USB port on your Windows PC or laptop and with WinTV v10, you can watch, pause & record two channels of ATSC and clear QAM High Definition and Standard Definition TV. WinTV-dualHD has two compete TV tuners so you can:
- Record one TV program while watching another
- Record two TV program at the same time
- Have picture-in-picture
- Or have two complete TV windows on your PC screen at the same time!
- We use TitanTV, an Electronic Program Guide, to schedule your TV recordings. TitanTV allows you to see what's on TV now and what's coming up. Schedule TV recordings with the Hauppauge WinTV v10 application and TitanTV. Plus pause live TV and record your favorite TV programs in the full digital TV format.
WinTV-dualHD Live TV for Cordcutters
- Live free over-the-air TV for Plex. Watch and record local TV programs with Plex. Use your Plex Media Server as the ultimate DVR. WinTV-dualHD for Cordcutters runs with Plex in Linux, Android and Windows. Also for the NVidia Shield with Plex and Android.
- Includes 90 days of Plex Pass, for live TV on your Plex Media Server
- Dual tuner: two over-the-air ATSC HD TV tuners so you can watch one TV channel while recording another, or record two programs at the same time
- Plugs into the USB port on your Plex Media Server, the NVidia Shield or a Windows laptop or desktop PC
- Status indicator LEDs showing that the tuner is loaded into Windows plus TV signal strength
- WinTV-dualHD has an improved TV receiver with superior over-the-air TV reception
- Includes WinTV v10, for TV in a window, full screen and picture-in-picture so you can watch two TV programs at a time. Or have two full TV pictures of any size on your PC screen! Record your digital TV programs in the original digital quality
- Includes remote control for WinTV v10
Plex with the Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD for Cordcutters
You can use the Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand) on the nVidia Shield for live TV in Plex. You will need the latest version of nVidia Shield firmware (5.2 or later).
WinTV-dualHD Live TV for Cordcutters Bundled software
- Plex Media Server 90 day
- WinTV v10, the new TV application for Windows, with TV pause and recording. When used with the WinTV-dualHD, WinTV v10 also gives you the option of picture-in-picture or record one TV channel when recording another
- Supported TV standards:
- ATSC HD TV
- Clear QAM digital cable TV
- Audio: AC-3, Stereo / dual channel sound
- Antenna input: F connector
- PC-interface: USB 2.0 or USB 3.0
TV recording formats
- Transport stream (the original transmitted format, without any quality loss)
- Plex running on Windows, Linux or Android
For Hauppauge WinTV v10
- Microsoft® Windows 11, 10, 8 or Windows 7
- Minimum processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2,6 GHz multi core processor, Pentium M 1.3 GHz or equivalent AMD® Athlon® XP
- USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
- Internet connection for software updates and activations
WinTV-dualHD Live TV for Cordcutters
model 01657: WinTV-dualHD Live TV for Cordcutters
Included in the box
- WinTV-dualHD dual TV tuner, USB 2.0 compatible
- Portable TV antenna
- Credit card size remote control (with batteries)
- USB extension cable
- Activation card for 90 days of Plex Pass for live TV on the Plex Media Server
- WinTV v10 Application for Windows (Activation code included, with installation instructions)
- Quick Installation Guide